Tipitaka Khmer

Please feel welcome to join the transcription project of the Tipitaka translation in khmer, and share one of your favorite Sutta or more. Simply click here or visit the Forum: 

Search ATI on ZzE

Zugang zur Einsicht - Schriften aus der Theravada Tradition

Access to Insight / Zugang zur Einsicht: Dhamma-Suche auf mehr als 4000 Webseiten (deutsch / english) - ohne zu googeln, andere Ressourcen zu nehmen, weltliche Verpflichtungen einzugehen. Sie sind für den Zugang zur Einsicht herzlich eingeladen diese Möglichkeit zu nutzen. (Info)

Random Sutta
Random Article
Random Jataka

Zufälliges Sutta
Zufälliger Artikel
Zufälliges Jataka

Arbeits/Work Forum ZzE

"Dhammatalks.org":
[logo dhammatalks.org]
Random Talk
[pic 30]

Recent Topics

[April 20, 2018, 03:07:17 PM]

[April 20, 2018, 03:04:37 PM]

[April 20, 2018, 02:56:41 PM]

[April 19, 2018, 12:55:21 PM]

[April 19, 2018, 04:48:12 AM]

[April 19, 2018, 01:19:35 AM]

[April 18, 2018, 12:27:55 PM]

[April 18, 2018, 12:26:00 PM]

[April 18, 2018, 12:18:31 PM]

[April 18, 2018, 06:06:52 AM]

[April 18, 2018, 01:13:09 AM]

[April 17, 2018, 04:41:05 PM]

[April 17, 2018, 03:54:39 PM]

[April 17, 2018, 03:23:52 PM]

[April 16, 2018, 06:18:51 PM]

[April 16, 2018, 12:47:32 AM]

[April 15, 2018, 12:28:06 PM]

[April 15, 2018, 09:39:03 AM]

[April 15, 2018, 12:35:32 AM]

[April 14, 2018, 04:18:33 AM]

[April 14, 2018, 02:12:07 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 07:31:39 PM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:17:55 PM]

[April 13, 2018, 05:31:59 AM]

[April 12, 2018, 06:15:00 AM]

[April 12, 2018, 02:58:27 AM]

[April 11, 2018, 02:57:48 PM]

[April 11, 2018, 12:04:07 PM]

[April 11, 2018, 02:54:59 AM]

[April 09, 2018, 06:00:29 PM]

[April 09, 2018, 05:42:37 PM]

[April 09, 2018, 11:16:14 AM]

[April 09, 2018, 09:24:34 AM]

[April 09, 2018, 02:48:32 AM]

[April 09, 2018, 02:29:31 AM]

[April 07, 2018, 05:19:05 PM]

[April 04, 2018, 03:08:45 PM]

[April 04, 2018, 10:55:42 AM]

[April 04, 2018, 05:40:16 AM]

[April 04, 2018, 04:56:37 AM]

[April 04, 2018, 02:40:07 AM]

[April 02, 2018, 01:22:37 PM]

[April 02, 2018, 11:55:40 AM]

[April 02, 2018, 07:18:56 AM]

[April 02, 2018, 06:49:19 AM]

[April 01, 2018, 08:41:01 AM]

[April 01, 2018, 06:06:15 AM]

[April 01, 2018, 04:33:03 AM]

[March 31, 2018, 06:13:31 PM]

[March 31, 2018, 05:43:45 AM]

Author Topic: Sterilization - Castration, a matter of compassion or just unskilfull?  (Read 477 times)

Offline Johann

• Samanera
  • Very Engaged Member
  • Sadhu! or +338/-0
  • Date of ordination/Datum der Ordination.: 20140527
_/\_ breaking the silas  isn't really an act of wisdom and compassion, isn't it?!   _/\_

Marcel, If you are suggesting that preventing the conception of new lives (sterilization) is a violation of the precept "do not take life". Then, let me ask:

Whenever someone decide in his/her mind "I don't want impregnate/get pregnant" and act upon this decision making use of contraceptive methods (condoms, pills) when enganging in sexual relations or merely not engaging in sexual relations at all. Is this person breaking the precept? Is proper to say that he/she have taken the life (killed) that would be (possibly) fertilized without the contraceptive methods? I don't think so.

Everyone, in some ocasion, have decided (or will decide) "I don't want kids" or "I don't want more kids" and act upon this decision.

And what to say about the bhikkhu who chooses to undergo a life of celibacy (no chance for the conception of new life at all)?
And what about the Buddha himself who created and promoted this rule?

Nyom Danilo , there is a point here, Danilo might not have seen: the title contains "or unskilfull?"

It's importand, because there is a different between Silas (as a rule for bodily and verbal action, formost for harmony in interrelation) and actions (kamma) and effects (vipaka). If arguing on a Silas-level, which is based on a later formulation at large, one could cross the border by saying "taking without having been given from animals is a non-offense matter" for the case one deprives an animal of physical parts, damages the and takes away of the possibility of birth, even for the case to save its life because it might die if becoming pregnant.

Althought even this maintain speculations, not known, kammic effects do not stop by actions toward beings other then human.

In regard of kamma, by even agree that anothe being is harmed, deprived of physical and mental possession, mental approval, it is a ver unskillful kamma.

Even here, if Danilo argues that it does not matter if doing bad thinks for "thought good reason" is encouraging others to unskilfull deeds and to adopt wrong view.

In the case someone would act and sterilize an animal on that account here, even the Sila is actually broken for Danilo, and the words here might exist further like a trap.

Telling to do so, thinking it's ok, those actions are actually very unskillful and likewise if doing by one own.

The act of harming will lead, if attaining even a human life, to uglyness and short life.

The act of depriving of having ancestors, if attaining even a human life, to childlessness and heirlessness.

The act of depriving of organs and damage, if attaining even a human life, to lack of or damaged organs.

The grave wrong view arround it, if even possible to attain a human life only after long time, to stupidity.

So if your attention was directed on a "straw man", e.g. a thought that voluntary depressing of getting childs, which is of course ones own choice, and not easy be unskilfull, then good. Just let it known, so that others don't fall in a trap.

If Danilo still thinks that forced harm, taking physical and other possession from being, is ok, he is here urged to chance his views, for his own benefit quick, an sees the transgression. He does good to also confess it, for his welbeing and progress.

Of course it is voluntary to act either good or bad for one short and long time benefit and that of others as well.

May Danilo come to mind and act wisely.

This post and Content has come to be by Dhamma-Dana and so is given as it       Dhamma-Dana: Johann

Offline Johann

• Samanera
  • Very Engaged Member
  • Sadhu! or +338/-0
Is everyone selfish on a ultimative level?
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2018, 02:31:10 AM »

Aramika   *

Ein oder mehrer Beiträge wurden hier im Thema abgeschnitten und damit in neues Thema "Is everyone selfish on a ultimative level? " eröffnet, dem angehäng.
This post and Content has come to be by Dhamma-Dana and so is given as it       Dhamma-Dana: Johann

Offline Johann

• Samanera
  • Very Engaged Member
  • Sadhu! or +338/-0
How would generosity, which causes long time benefit, look like?
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2018, 02:49:24 AM »

Aramika   *

Ein oder mehrer Beiträge wurden hier im Thema abgeschnitten und damit in neues Thema "How would generosity, which causes long time benefit, look like? " eröffnet, dem angehäng.

Offline Johann

• Samanera
  • Very Engaged Member
  • Sadhu! or +338/-0
My person has to add, that even "voluntary" sterilization or castration of one self, e.g. harming oneself, is no skilfull act, if it is not undertaking out of medical reasons, like as to prevent oneself from further bodily harm out of certain sickness.

In regard of depriving oneself from becoming ancestors physically, since it is mostly based on either desire for sensual pleasure (eg. pleasure of intercourse with no physical grave burdensome effects, or giving such pleasures to maintain certain rewards, fullfilling wishes of the trade partner for gain or maintaining) or either desire for becoming (e.g. carrier for example) or not-becoming (may this mine... not come into being), is at most also not skilful but based on wrong view.

As for preventing pregnancy in harmless ways, such might be certain skilfull while actually up to unskillful acts, in as far as it might be a certain responsibility and sacrifice for an addiction not able to let go for now.

In regard of views, it works likewise. Depriving merely physical from touch, of which is the cause of all coming into being and decay, e.g. the whole mass of suffering, does not uproot the cause.

So either cutting of the touch of intellect and idea/thought, by giving into a certain other view, nor the cut off of rebirth rebirth organs physical, would make any end or minimise suffering as effect.

Cutting of touch by improper means, eg. improper attention, make things only worse.

It's only by this Noble Eigthfold Path , that the cut off from the very root of suffering, the possible touch of not-knowing/ignorance (vijjā phassa), by total destruction of vijjā, can be attained.

And even this Noble path can only be reached by skilfull means: generosity, virtue and universal metta/goodwill (e.g. by actions based on right view).

Offline Johann

• Samanera
  • Very Engaged Member
  • Sadhu! or +338/-0
But I think the moral situation with cats who would otherwise be killed is different. Keeping them alive at least while crippling their reproductive capacity seems to me to be "dark and bright kamma" .

Nyom Moritz , althought the quoted sutta bring back to the actually origing of this topic, by mention this folowing quoted as "dark and bright kamma", which is not right because it's actually dark and darker kamma, there is much confusion about dark and bright kamma and a huge base for reasoning to act unskilfull.

Namo tassa bhagavato arahato sammā-sambuddhassa

3. "Here, Punna, someone develops the dog duty fully and unstintingly, he develops the dog-habit fully and unstintingly, he develops the dog mind fully and unstintingly, he develops dog behavior fully and unstintingly. Having done that, on the dissolution of the body, after death, he reappears in the company of dogs. But if his view is such as this: 'By this virtue or duty or asceticism or religious life I shall become a (great) god or some (lesser) god,' that is wrong view in his case. Now there are two destinations for one with wrong view, I say: hell or the animal womb. So, Punna, if his dog duty is perfected, it will lead him to the company of dogs; if it is not, it will lead him to hell."

So in regard of the topic origin, subtil underlying wrong view, well traced and reminded, although hard to find back to it on this thread.

There is no such as doing good while using bad means. And for or who ever done, wrong stays wrong.

And if confused, not even possible trace it's origin, eg. based on ignorance in a sense of blur , such is called "dark and bright kamma", as a conventional means:

"And what is kamma that is dark & bright with dark & bright result? There is the case where a certain person fabricates a bodily fabrication that is injurious & non-injurious ... a verbal fabrication that is injurious & non-injurious ... a mental fabrication that is injurious & non-injurious ... He rearises in an injurious & non-injurious world ... There he is touched by injurious & non-injurious contacts ... He experiences injurious & non-injurious feelings, pleasure mingled with pain, like those of human beings, some devas, and some beings in the lower realms. This is called kamma that is dark & bright with dark & bright result.

And yes, it's among pets and animal like states that such "natural spontaneously, seemingly without cause" actions and results arise and roll on mostly for long long time...

FORTUITOUS-ARISING

“There are, monks, some contemplatives & brahmans who are fortuitous-arising-ists, who proclaim a fortuitously-arisen self & cosmos on two grounds.[18] And with reference to what, coming from what, are these honorable contemplatives & brahmans fortuitous-arising-ists who proclaim a fortuitously-arisen self & cosmos on two grounds?

17. “There are, monks, devas called Beings without Perception.[19 e.g. states without remembering past, without visions, perception of future out of it.] But, with the arising of perception, they fall from that company of devas. Now, there is the possibility, monks, that a certain being, having fallen from that company, comes to this world. Having come to this world, he goes forth from the home life into homelessness. Having gone forth from the home life into homelessness, he—through ardency, through exertion, through commitment, through heedfulness, through right attention—touches an awareness-concentration such that he recollects the arising of perception, but nothing prior to that. He says, ‘The self & the cosmos are fortuitously arisen. Why is that? Because before I wasn’t; now I am. Not having been, I sprang into being.’

“This is the first basis—with reference to which, coming from which—some contemplatives & brahmans are fortuitous-arising-ists who proclaim a fortuitously-arisen self & cosmos.

18. “As for the second: With reference to what, coming from what, are honorable contemplatives & brahmans fortuitous-arising-ists who proclaim a fortuitously-arisen self & cosmos?

“There is the case where a certain contemplative or brahman is a logician, an inquirer. He states his own improvisation, hammered out by logic, deduced from his inquiries: ‘The self & the cosmos are fortuitously arisen.’

“This is the second basis—with reference to which, coming from which—some contemplatives & brahmans are fortuitous-arising-ists, who proclaim a fortuitously-arisen self & cosmos.

Quote from: Upasaka Moritz
...because their master wanted to have a lot of fun with them without having to worry about children.

As here, in the origin. But it's not only that masters ask for such, even slaves would ask for certain sacrifices for their deal to give into, to stay slaves. Who is the master? Who a slave? One who sacrifice, gives up at the very root, or one who desires, holds at the very root?

Poor, how ever "rich", is one who desires, even gives into inhonest deals for it, cheat himself and others for becoming, getting something void of any refuge and reality.

To get back on this previous merely eel-wriggling view :

Nyom Moritz, you said: "But I think the moral situation with cats who would otherwise be killed is different.".

Does that mean that it is thought that certain "Reichsärzte-Philosophie" found ground here? Or how should that be understood, this "I deprive you forced from your possibilities of ancestors, because they will probably estimated as worthless and killed (better they gain birth as a chicken...  *provocative*). Does not any being die? This approch if followed would be an argument for annihilationist to best destruct the whole possibilities for taking birth... so what's that, (to this amount, hopefully "just") eel-wriggling approach about?

Offline Johann

• Samanera
  • Very Engaged Member
  • Sadhu! or +338/-0

Aramika   *

Ein oder mehrer Beiträge wurden hier im Thema abgeschnitten und damit in neues Thema "Rejecting the Buddha, Dhamma, Sangha out of anger: beware of closing up a door " eröffnet, dem angehäng.

Offline Johann

• Samanera
  • Very Engaged Member
  • Sadhu! or +338/-0
Meinungsverschiedenheit und Hierarchie
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2018, 02:28:33 AM »

Aramika   *

Ein oder mehrer Beiträge wurden hier im Thema abgeschnitten und damit in neues Thema "Meinungsverschiedenheit und Hierarchie " eröffnet, dem angehäng.

Offline Moritz

• Cief houskeeper / Chefhausmeister
  • Very Engaged Member
  • Sadhu! or +214/-0
To get back on this previous merely eel-wriggling view :

Nyom Moritz, you said: "But I think the moral situation with cats who would otherwise be killed is different.".

Does that mean that it is thought that certain "Reichsärzte-Philosophie" found ground here? Or how should that be understood, this "I deprive you forced from your possibilities of ancestors, because they will probably estimated as worthless and killed (better they gain birth as a chicken...  *provocative*). Does not any being die? This approch if followed would be an argument for annihilationist to best destruct the whole possibilities for taking birth... so what's that, (to this amount, hopefully "just") eel-wriggling approach about?

No, Bhante. That is not at all the reasoning behind my excuse. No assumptions about possible worth or not worth of existence of possible descendants (not ancestors). Only an assumption about the current existence of "my" two cats (one of them has actually already died, so it's only one now left): that it would have been better for them to live without testicles then to not live this cat life any longer at all. Because their mother's owners' intention was to kill them if they would not find anyone to take them. But I could not keep them uncastrated in my flat. Either way, they would not have been able to make children.

(But of course it's very possible that someone else might have been found still who would take them and not cut their testicles off. So... not sure. Merely an excuse. [Although they told me that they diid not want to wait much longer anymore, and had not found anyone else interested yet.])

But of course I agree that it is not nice to cut someone's testicles off.

Bhante's* discussion style reminds me very much of Kumara Kassapa. So that is also a reason why I was reminded of the Pāyāsi Sutta . The first time I read the Pāyāsi Sutta some years ago, I thought "Oh, that sounds very similar to Bhante Johann". And it can be a lot of fun, so therefore I think I would really enjoy a pointless discussion about rejection or confirmation of afterlife and rebirth through scientific arguments with a lot of back and forth. But I doubt a little bit that there would actually be a lot of solid material to for it. That is why I would be very interested what Danilo might have to share.

But not wanting to push anyone here, and I actually have to work on not spending so much time in internet discussions but doing my worldly work to earn money, because I'm already in trouble again for not getting things done.

*  * Is it courteous or uncourteous to talk to someone else in the third person? I am not sure, but it was meant courteous.

_/\_

Offline Johann

• Samanera
  • Very Engaged Member
  • Sadhu! or +338/-0
It should, as alway, not be thought that Atma didn't had worn shoes he could abound. Since child used to have many relation to cats, tried even the cats duty practice as child, and met a lot of previous near related in this state. Dirty, how ever, stays dirty, and good if abounded task and bounds, as well as to be generous if possible. There is so much foolish done out of speculation and holding on.

* Johann : My person too, will now give to let the body be maintained.

Offline Johann

• Samanera
  • Very Engaged Member
  • Sadhu! or +338/-0
* Johann : While walking down, I had to remember the first "own" cat, at the age of 16, 17, when moved to live on "own feets. We had the "impossible" luck to live in like on countryside a silent the forest in an old housekeeper hut in a courtyard in the middle the noisy town town of the capital when receiving Moritz (what an unusual name, known only from W. Busch's stories ), a big noble black tomcat, having only a small white caro check on his throat, like a humble priest in all his appearence, from his more that sad parents who had to abound him. Years after, having moved into a flat, where he lost a lot of his freedom, it happened that he got belly cancer and the vet did not, could not, gave much ways and urged to the usual. What a meaningless grief, not even to be able to see the corps decaying of what was once so beloved. So many foolish things are so usual and hard to abound, if living under not so wise people, delight in bounds. What a "Katzenjammer (with the) Kids " in such a small world, or unfeedable desire. Which brings back to the "'We' have a problem with authorithy " thing.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5c/Policy_and_Pie_part_2_of_2_%281918%29.webm

Katzenjammer German pronunciation: [ˈkaʦənˌjamɐ] is a German word literally meaning "cat's wail" (caterwaul) and hence "discordant sound", sometimes used to indicate a general state of depression or bewilderment. It has also been used as a term for a hangover, with the sufferer's groans of discomfort being likened to a wailing cat.

Der Katzenjammer (Studentensprache, Goethezeit) bezeichnet:

* den Kater nach einem Alkoholrausch mit Übelkeit, Appetitlosigkeit, Kopfschmerzen, Gemütsverstimmung und Niedergeschlagenheit
* die Ernüchterung nach überschwänglicher Freude
* auch Gewissensqualen, Reue

Im 19. Jahrhundert hat der Dichter Friedrich Schlögl den Katzenjammer beschrieben:

„Heute ist der süße Rausch verflogen; der Katzenjammer ist geblieben. Der Katzenjammer! Es gibt verschiedene Stadien dieses Zustandes und auch zweierlei Arten desselben. Der sozusagen leibliche Katzenjammer ist bald zu heilen. In der Volksapotheke ist hierfür der Gebrauch des „Haarauflegens“ ein beliebtes und meist auch untrügliches Mittel. Dieses Haarauflegen variiert nun wieder in den Nuancen der dazu verwendeten Säure und richtet sich nach dem habituellen Geschmacke, dem Bildungsgrade und den Geldmitteln des betreffenden Patienten.“

– Friedrich Schlögl: Aschermittwoch

In which way do you like your food sterilized?

The Four Nutriments of Life
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 06:31:42 AM by Johann »

Offline Danilo

• Aramika
  • Regular Member / Normales Mitglied
  • Sadhu! or +13/-0

Nyom Danilo , there is a point here, Danilo might not have seen: the title contains "or unskilfull?"

It's importand, because there is a different between Silas (as a rule for bodily and verbal action, formost for harmony in interrelation) and actions (kamma) and effects (vipaka). If arguing on a Silas-level, which is based on a later formulation at large, one could cross the border by saying "taking without having been given from animals is a non-offense matter" for the case one deprives an animal of physical parts, damages the and takes away of the possibility of birth, even for the case to save its life because it might die if becoming pregnant.

Althought even this maintain speculations, not known, kammic effects do not stop by actions toward beings other then human.

In regard of kamma, by even agree that anothe being is harmed, deprived of physical and mental possession, mental approval, it is a ver unskillful kamma.

Even here, if Danilo argues that it does not matter if doing bad thinks for "thought good reason" is encouraging others to unskilfull deeds and to adopt wrong view.

In the case someone would act and sterilize an animal on that account here, even the Sila is actually broken for Danilo, and the words here might exist further like a trap.

Telling to do so, thinking it's ok, those actions are actually very unskillful and likewise if doing by one own.

The act of harming will lead, if attaining even a human life, to uglyness and short life.

The act of depriving of having ancestors, if attaining even a human life, to childlessness and heirlessness.

The act of depriving of organs and damage, if attaining even a human life, to lack of or damaged organs.

The grave wrong view arround it, if even possible to attain a human life only after long time, to stupidity.

So if your attention was directed on a "straw man", e.g. a thought that voluntary depressing of getting childs, which is of course ones own choice, and not easy be unskilfull, then good. Just let it known, so that others don't fall in a trap.

If Danilo still thinks that forced harm, taking physical and other possession from being, is ok, he is here urged to chance his views, for his own benefit quick, an sees the transgression. He does good to also confess it, for his welbeing and progress.

Of course it is voluntary to act either good or bad for one short and long time benefit and that of others as well.

I couldn't understood eveything (attention directed on a "straw man"!? depressing of getting childs!? fall in a trap!?), but I appreciate the expression of goodwill, there is no doubt regarding the integrity of your intentions, however I'm not sure if the Buddha would really take the principle "The means doesn't justify the ends" at such extreme level. What about the medicines and medical treatment which have bad side effects for whoever undergo them? It's also wrong view to approve and adhere to them?

one could cross the border by saying "taking without having been given from animals is a non-offense matter" for the case one deprives an animal of physical parts, damages the and takes away of the possibility of birth, even for the case to save its life because it might die if becoming pregnant.

My person has to add, that even "voluntary" sterilization or castration of one self, e.g. harming oneself, is no skilfull act, if it is not undertaking out of medical reasons, like as to prevent oneself from further bodily harm out of certain sickness.

In the first quote there is a disapprovement of sterilization even if the mother's life is in danger.
In the second quote there is approvement of sterilization if it is done to avoid harmful consequences or sickness.

Isn't this contradition? 

Offline Johann

• Samanera
  • Very Engaged Member
  • Sadhu! or +338/-0

I couldn't understood eveything (attention directed on a "straw man"!?
It seem as if Nyom Danilo was annoyed about something he thought that it is a stand/view, and as he gave into that own made "straw men" projecting it as being that of the point here, this was said. Nyom Moritz used to explain the stray away from the point apove.

depressing of getting childs!?
Childs should be understood as vipaka (fruits of actions), and depressing as deny kamma.

fall in a trap!?),
If telling something, even manifest something that might, if taken on, case others to fall into (turn upwards by unskilfull deeds), it is like leaving traps behind. Even if relinquished a certain wish to catch someone by it, the trap is still there and if one falls into it, the action is fullfiled. Look at your last sentence in the "science" topic post of yours , since it about that. Remorse out of having left possible traps behind, a hindrance for one self.

but I appreciate the expression of goodwill, there is no doubt regarding the integrity of your intentions, however I'm not sure if the Buddha would really take the principle "The means doesn't justify the ends" at such extreme level.
Not in a way of taking a stand in regard of outwardly appearance, but in regard of intention even more extreme. One thing, for excample, is that he never wanted his disciple to put "help" higher as virtue, concentration, wisdom and liberation. While he praised help, giving of what is ones own, it's only for certain relation a duty as long as it gets not in conflict with the practice on the path.

What about the medicines and medical treatment which have bad side effects for whoever undergo them? It's also wrong view to approve and adhere to them?
The Buddha was very careful in regard of allowing certain medicine for his disciples, not at least that it is not harmful for others and also used to rebuke "harsh" if one took on or accepted a treatment from fools.
In reagard of life taking undertakings there is a strict "no go". Since the matter of going to much into medical treatment is somethink that leads away from the real long therm helping of the practice, nearly all kind of such help toward non monastics is forbidden. And another reason is, that there is always much speculation involved, leadin either to "sad" things or blame.

one could cross the border by saying "taking without having been given from animals is a non-offense matter" for the case one deprives an animal of physical parts, damages the and takes away of the possibility of birth, even for the case to save its life because it might die if becoming pregnant.

In the first quote there is a disapprovement of sterilization even if the mother's life is in danger.
In the second quote there is approvement of sterilization if it is done to avoid harmful consequences or sickness.

Isn't this contradition?
A feeling of contradiction may arise if forgetting that most involved is based on speculations when dreading/treading others for certain sake and if such as force is taken on on this account.

As for those having overcome craving, getting treated is given to the wish of others nearly totally. As for those practicing eager, treatment should in no way dread others, dirct or indirect.

In a manner: "If someone sees and wisely wishes to give, good. If not, the endurance of bodily pain is to overcome certain defilements and not real a grave problem if those hindrences are abound.

From very unskilfull unwise involvement with much suffering for oneself and others, till perfection in help without any involvement and harm, is a step by step journey and starts with most gross "no-go's". The more practiced the more finer it's recognition. Sickness is dhammata, normal/natural cource once having come into existence, not by bodily treatment possible to over come.

Btw., there is a whole chaper of a stories of gifted doctor in the Mahavagga: VIII. Cīvarakkhandhako: The Robe-cloth Khandhaka and the instead where the Buddha gave him leave to treat him, might be an example of how one free of craving regards treatment of "his" body: The Discussion of the Thirty-fold Purge . The Vagga contains also the famouse story of the sick monk.

The Vagga dealing with medicines direct is: VI. Bhesajjakkhandhako: The Medicine Khandhaka where care can be seen. Given of how much blood is normal on medicines today, it can be seen how far away from each other ways may be.

Tags:

15 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 21, 2018, 05:55:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Talkbox

Danilo

April 15, 2018, 12:43:25 AM
Bhante _/\_

Johann

April 15, 2018, 12:38:56 AM
Nyom Danilo.

Johann

April 12, 2018, 10:05:15 AM
Moritz

Moritz

April 12, 2018, 08:34:11 AM
Namasakara, Bhante. _/\_

Moritz

April 10, 2018, 07:19:18 PM
Hello.

Johann

April 10, 2018, 01:09:20 PM
Nyom. (Sideboad ist stets zugeklappt... tech. Probl.) 3:00 ist auch schon guten Tag.

Moritz

April 10, 2018, 03:06:49 AM
Good day (night here)
_/\_

Moritz

April 10, 2018, 02:54:42 AM
Namasakara, Bhante. _/\_

Johann

April 09, 2018, 09:43:17 AM
Take your time Nyom Danilo and watch the breath to stay best calm for best benefit. A lot of chances to get ride of many ols burdens.

Danilo

April 08, 2018, 06:24:57 PM
_/\_

Johann

April 08, 2018, 05:54:03 PM
Nyom Danilo.

Marcel

April 08, 2018, 09:58:59 AM
sadhu!

Johann

April 08, 2018, 07:35:17 AM
Sadhu!

Moritz

April 08, 2018, 06:13:54 AM
Good Uposatha to all. _/\_

Marcel

April 01, 2018, 06:17:08 AM
 :-* :-* :-*

Johann

March 31, 2018, 07:13:47 PM
Nyom Jens.

Johann

March 31, 2018, 10:11:20 AM
Sadhu!

Marcel

March 31, 2018, 09:52:03 AM
 :-* ich wünsche allen ein verdienstvollen uposatha  :-*

Johann

March 27, 2018, 06:44:11 PM
Atma zieht sich hier nun zurück. Möge sich Vollkommenheit einstellen.

Johann

March 27, 2018, 05:26:44 PM
Nyom Binocular.

Johann

March 27, 2018, 04:10:58 PM
Nyom Jens.

Johann

March 27, 2018, 01:47:58 PM
Brahmane Hanspeter.

Johann

March 27, 2018, 01:41:50 PM
Moritz, mag sich Vollendung ergeben. (Chamreun bo)

Moritz

March 27, 2018, 12:20:53 PM
Chom reap sour. _/\_

Moritz

March 27, 2018, 12:11:33 PM
Vandami, Bhante _/\_

Johann

March 26, 2018, 01:42:45 PM
Nyom Binocular.

my person will leave for today and rests. There have been left some hard challenges (sure for many). May they be releasing taken and increase conviction.

Johann

March 25, 2018, 01:40:14 PM
Gute Antwort. Sadhu!

Marcel

March 25, 2018, 12:46:12 PM
 :-* :-* :-*

beste wünsche zurück an erhwürdigen bhante! es ist unsicher wann ich wieder komme! upanissayapaccayena!  :-* :-* :-*

Johann

March 25, 2018, 12:28:38 PM
Marcel.
(Heute im Nordkloster, best wünsche vom Abt dort, er fragt stets "Wann kommt er? Ich muß immer an ihn denken."

Johann

March 24, 2018, 10:44:34 AM
Sadhu!

Marcel

March 24, 2018, 09:52:48 AM
 :-* heute ist uposatha!! ich wünsche allen ein verdienstvollen tag! mögen die devas jene bescheid geben, die kein zugang haben! :-*

Johann

March 23, 2018, 11:37:46 AM
Sadhu! Zu was immer einer Zuflucht nimmt, sich hingibt, daran erfreut, das wird/ist sein Schutz, für Bindung oder Ungebundenheit.

Marcel

March 23, 2018, 01:43:01 AM
 :-* möge die drei juwelen den ehrwürdigen bhante beschützen und ihn auf seinem weg unterstützen :-*

Johann

March 23, 2018, 01:28:02 AM
Kampf der Devas mit den Asuras um den Berg. :)

Johann

March 23, 2018, 01:26:30 AM
Regenzeit... außen trüb und unangenehm, nagend, faulend, doch dahinter ist alles fein.

Marcel

March 23, 2018, 01:10:47 AM
 :-* ehrwürdiger bhante johann, ja soweit alles gut! und wie geht es ihnen?  :-*

Johann

March 23, 2018, 12:58:05 AM
verlesen... Marcel :) alles gut im (ver)laufen?

Johann

March 23, 2018, 12:26:23 AM
Moritz

Administration

March 21, 2018, 03:42:55 PM
Sadhu!

Marcel

March 21, 2018, 03:32:47 PM
 :-* mögen sie alle noch in diesem leben das herz von avijja befreien!!! :-*

Johann

March 19, 2018, 05:20:12 AM
This "wiki"-like backup tool is meant as a outwardy insurance that one does not be afraid that anything possible good can be desroyed or made bad while looking for cleaning it. So worry at all, kamma does not dissapear. No need to fear to make good deeds, knowing that.

Johann

March 19, 2018, 04:03:35 AM
And there is no intention to just make a museum out of a working and concentration camp, since the Dhamma can not be understood by just looking on forms but by learning and experiance skillful deeds.

Johann

March 19, 2018, 04:00:47 AM
Post-history: http://sangham.net/index.php/topic,1164.0.html (but there is no notification system). My person uses to make a @mention , off topic "/me" in the OP.

Johann

March 19, 2018, 03:49:28 AM
Or to simply make a new post. No need to be shy in doing good things. It's not a museum, it's a working and concentration place. Mudita.

Johann

March 19, 2018, 03:47:57 AM
There is such as a "wiki" backup function in all posts, Nyom Danilo. Good is to use the mention option, at the places where making changes @Johann , that it gets not "lost".

Danilo

March 19, 2018, 03:02:46 AM
I have a backup of the original post in any case. I might review the second post next time. Very insightful teaching. _/\_

Danilo

March 19, 2018, 03:01:35 AM
I've recently fixed many words and sentences of the first post of the thread "Debts, but to whom?". It take me some time trying to figure out the meaning of some sentences. So it would be good if Bhante could check if the original intended meaning of the post still intact. I have a backup of the ori

Danilo

March 19, 2018, 01:57:28 AM
_/\_ _/\_ _/\_

Johann

March 19, 2018, 12:01:09 AM
One leading to peaks pointing downward so that aging, sickness and death can be seen, know him/her as a sage, a giver of release.

Johann

March 18, 2018, 11:57:30 PM
One leading people to papanca, promoting rejoicing in objectification as the heart wood, increases to fields of corpse in the world.

Show 50 latest
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 14153
  • Total Topics: 2735
  • Online Today: 28
  • Online Ever: 90
  • (September 25, 2014, 05:26:29 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 15
Total: 15